Monday, March 29, 2010

Badass!



Going to take a little break from the creative writing posts to tell you about this ass kicking book that I got for Christmas last year. Hands down, Badass by Ben Thompson is the best freaking history book I've ever read. I nearly choked to death laughing at least seventeen times when reading this book, it's that f****** funny, seriously...

Thompson mixes well researched history with pop culture...and proceeds to make me jealous I didn't think of doing this. Thompson writes about people we all know (and some of us love) like Vlad the Impaler, Harald Hardrada & Genghis Khan along with lesser known people from history, including kickass and enigmatic historical figures like Wolf the Quarrelsome and Bass Reeves.

This book should be required reading in school. Seriously...read it...

No comments:

Post a Comment